Sunday, October 28, 2007

So why the name you ask?

First let us start off with some pictures...
Isn't this cute? How about this




Good right?...


And then there is this...

So besides the adorable children used in these photgraphs what do they have in common?? Not one of the items shown in the pictures are for me. I make things for my children, my parents, my aunts, my friends and pretty much anyone else who asks. Now don't get me wrong the idea of knitting something for myself sounds very appealing I just never get around to it. I have scads of patterns and yarn for myself. I just never seem to get around to them. Something, or I should say someone inevitably asks me for something. A shawl, a hat, some fingerless gloves and I can't seem to resist. I keep thinking I will get to the corset or the socks I have been looking at soon enough. I have learned that soon enough never comes. So one day I was sitting around with the ladies at my local Stitch N Bitch and I was ooohing and aaahing over A Lady E shawl that a fellow SNB'er had finished when it hit me. I am a Knitting Martyr. Always for other people never for me.

Although after seeing that Lady E maybe soon enough will come after all.

2 comments:

tb said...

I'm not sure if anyone told you, but you can cast on for more than one project at a time. ;) That way, you can devote as much time to knitting for you as you do those other folks....just an idea. :)

H. Christensen-Branson said...

I have heard that. Maybe I should try it. So far I have 2 wip and they are both for other people